- Link to the recording of the last Friday Forum: May 12, 2023 - Friday Forum - Caste Lines in Bengaluru: Settled outside the pecking order - Sumanto Mondal
- Call for Applications: Job opening for a full-time woman (including trans-woman) litigator keen on practicing family law (including domestic violence cases), criminal law and constitutional law.
- Latest Publications Released: Participation in Play – Demonstrating a Practicable Approach to People’s Participation in the Context of Policy Making during COVID-19
- Latest Publications Released: Resignations and Resistance Amidst State Inaction - Chronicling Garment Work During the Pandemic
“Preamble embodies that this Constitution has its root, its authority, its sovereignty from the people.”
– Dr. B.R. Ambedkar (Constituent Assembly Debates)
Alternative Law Forum works with the primary impetus to liberate the Constitution from the lawyers and the courts.
“The Constitution is founded in the fact that it is ‘we the people’ who ‘adopt, enact and give to ourselves’ this Constitution. The essence of the founding moment We The People of the Indian nation lies in the fact that it does not make allusions to a misty past but remains firmly tethered to the idea that the people of the country have given themselves the Constitution.”
– Excerpt from the book, The Preamble: A Brief Introduction. (Download and read the full book here)